Here I am for my monthly blog...or so it seems that it has become monthly instead of everyday. I nearly forgot my sign in, it had been that long since I wrote anything. I have plenty to write about but not much time these days it seems.
I have been traveling and going to J's games in various little towns. So I decided to blog about the gym, a sort of best of and worst of list. Here goes:
Best lighted gym in the league: Harper Grade school
Best bench seating: Garden Plain (very soft seats)
Best gym to watch a game: Conway Springs (the visitors sit on one side and the home folks on the other side. It makes for less arguements).
Best refreshments: Garden Plain (it smelled pretty good in there, they serve nachos among other things.
Best location near restaurants: Cheney Grade School. There is a Subway across the street.
Best ref: Kent Stonebraker.
Worst lighted gym: Anthony Grade School, with second runner up Garden Plain. Pretty dark lighting, guess they are saving on energy.
Worst bleachers: Cheney Grade School. It's the old school stuff, you better hope you don't trip up the bleachers or you'd really injure yourself.
Worst fans: Belle Plaine. They complained at every call and had the audacity to sit up with the Harper fans. We nearly had a fight in the stands.
Furthest place to travel: Douglass.
At Conway Springs they charge people $3 dollars to get into the game. It is a junior high school game, people! It should be free! They are the only ones who charge besides either Bluestem or Douglass. If they want to charge people to go to a HS game fine, but not a JH game.
I can't add in Belle Plaine, Bluestem, Douglass or Wichita Independent because I haven't been there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment