The title is a quote from Maj. Frank Burns (aka Larry Linville) on an episode in MASH called "Henry in Love." I searched for that quote in google and couldn't find it. But when I recalled about that episode where Henry meets 20 year Nancy Sue Parker...I knew that was the episode that particular quote was in.
KU beat Colorado today. Two players (Brandon Rush and Mario Chalmers) each had 21 points! All the guys on KU got to be in the game. I wish that they would play Brady Morningstar more often. He's pretty good. (IMO). Maybe someday down the road he will get some more playing time in.
I saw a basketball game earlier in the day. Ten year old basketball....again the kids just think they can shoot from far out and make a basket. The kids do not like to pass at all. If they get the ball then it's off to the races and boy are they ball hogs! It's like watching 5 little teams out there plus the other team. Each kid being their own team...Point is there still isn't any teamwork out there. The coaches tell them to pass the ball but yet, they are afraid to pass it to someone who might not make the shot. Of course, they believe their shots will always go in...but that's not the norm.. they don't all go in. I hope things improve. It's too bad my kid's dad isn't a coach because then he would start. But he's always coming off the bench (I've nicknamed him Sherron, for Sherron Collins since he doesn't start and always comes off the bench to play). It makes him feel better for he knows how good Sherron is despite not being one of the starting five. Sort of like a Jeff Hawkins of a few years back. Hawk was good but just couldn't be a starter...oh I think a few times he was whenever a player didn't show up for practice or was late.
Ten year old kids do that around here and coaches don't like that. They have to have a good excuse, let the coach knows what is going on, but simply cannot ditch practice IF they want to play. If they ditch practice then they are most likely going to sit out a few quarters. It is only fair to the ones who do show up for practice.
I'm just rambling away...it's late time to put the car up! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment