I came back from my church to find my teen son and his friend in the driveway.
"Someone stole our bikes," J said, "And the cops brought them back." So J and K told us the story of their stolen bikes. The boys had pedaled down to the Kangaroo store to get something to drink. When they came back out of the store the bikes were gone. J and K told the clerks there who called the local PD department. They described their bikes and then the police went down one street down south and found that two girls had them. Not sure how old they were but pretty sure they weren't from J and K's class.
The one who had J's bike threw it down breaking the handbrake, when she saw the police after them. So we will have to adjust it, etc. They apprehended the stolen bikes and I am hoping that the police person gave those girls a pretty stern warning about stealing other people's property.
I can't believe things like that happen in a small rural town. What's the world coming to?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment