Predictability....just when you think you've checked everywhere or completed a task something else happens.
Working at my church it never ceases to amaze me about different things. I clean the church and try to get others to be aware of certain maintenace items. So I need to check EVERYWHERE. Sometimes I fail at that. I'm thinking I've checked it all or I just want to get home and relax. Then, there are times I think to myself and outloud when no one is around, "Why didn't I look over here?" Duh.
Yesterday I was cleaning and decided to look in a place where I normally wouldn't look. I found a dried bowl of fossilized ice cream, syrup and whatever that creamy yellow stuff was. I wondered how long that had been there and hoped no one else saw it. Another time I was in the boiler room and found a stiff of a mouse on a table. This was before I took the job and wondered how long it at been dead. Other times it has been lights and the heat left on. Oh the things you find on this job!
But you know what? I like the job. I love to expect the unexpected it makes the job much more interesting. There is always room for improvement and nobody is perfect!
What a beautiful sunny day! I can't wait to see the first robin, the first flower, and the green grass. Then of course the budding trees and the sounds of sneezing, mainly from me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heh, I wonder who's ice cream that was?
Let me know if you find K's Bible in one of those corners. It's been missing for almost a year!
You're doing a great job, by the way ;)
Post a Comment