Monday, February 26, 2007

Recognizing faces

Yesterday I went up to Wichita with "h" to take his parents to the Clinic. It was like driving clear out to Andover!

Anyway, upon getting there we left "h's" parents off to check in while we parked the car. We walked in and "h's" dad was having a little confusion. "H's" dad is in his 90's. So this very nice woman who was working behind the desk helps "H's" parents to the second floor. I look over at this woman and think, "Hey I've seen her before." I check her name tag and just know it is her!
She was very, very kind to "H's" parents. When she was about to leave I say, "Have you spoke at "KMC?" (Because that's where I saw her before.). She smiled and shook my hand and said, "Yes." This woman, "R. M." is a wonderful, passionate speaker she knows her Bible well. She was a missionary from South America, Brazil, to be exact. She had trouble with immigration and she also had some medical problems. She told us that she had been working at the Clinic for about a month and that was helping pay for her medical bills.

I told her we weren't going to KMC no longer but back to PV. I hope to hear her speak again somewhere. I am planning on talking to my Pastor about getting her as a guest speaker. I think that she is really blessed by the Holy Spirit. It's a shame that she has to work at the Clinic. She would be really great if she became a pastor.

No comments: