Saturday, February 24, 2007

SOLD!

I went to my first auction tonight. Anyway, the first one that I've ever remembered going to. The auction was for a mission offering at church. Gosh, to understand what you're bidding for and for how much is kind of scary. The auctioneer had such a great personality!! It really made the auction go fast and was fun. We all had a great time biding and finding the history behind the items.

There were church fans (which I kind of wanted), breads, jellies, trees, wicker furniture, a crazy quilt, a Yahtzee game, a stuffed bunny, popcorn, stitched towels, baby quilts, candles, and other interesting items. I really wanted this wall hanging made by a lady in our church, but I couldn't afford it. It was beautiful and I thought it would go for a lot more money than it sold for. I ended up bidding on and getting two cookbooks. They were made in 1978 and 1983. There was old advertising from my little town. One page had advertising (in 1983) and those business are no longer running. I remembered when I first moved down here, where each of these stores/restaurants were, and now they are gone, but that's been nearly 20 years ago! Anyway, I could afford these two little books as I collect cookbooks from all over.

The weather was beautiful this morning then it just dropped 20 degrees and windy. We were driving back to my little town and hit a large Texas Christmas tree! (a tumbleweed). Forecast is now for a possibility of snow! Ugh! Let's all hope for a major meltdown in the next two days.

2 comments:

S♥ said...

sounds fun. gee I should keep up more on my blog..you do like everyday, lol!

flute4peace said...

Isn't B a riot!! He's so good at what he does - so quick on his feet.