Saturday, March 14, 2009

Random Thoughts

Today while I was in my favorite bookstore getting ready to check out, this little boy got in front of me, by accident. His mother called him by name, "Come on "ex a ma." My mind was trying to sort that one out as I handed the clerk my book. I was going, "What is that kid's name?" I mean, at one time I knew a kid named Xabee, any rate that was his nickname instead of John (which again that makes no sense either). After paying for the book, I followed them out to the parking lot where their car was near ours. I kept trying to listen for clues to the name. Did she say X--mas? I wonder and thought it was possible maybe she gave birth to the boy on Christmas, thus the name X-mas. Or did she have a rash during her pregnancy and she named him for that "Eczema?" I thought, what's the world coming to with names like that one?
------
Have you ever noticed that when you drive a little car, like we have now, that the biggest and most humongous vans park right next to you? You need to back your car out to get out of the lot and you can't see to your left because their huge Suburban is parked next to you itty bitty Focus. You proceed to back out and pray that there is not a car in sight because you can't see around that big monster. Why don't they have a parking lot that is marked for only little small cars and another lot for the big heavy duty vehicles. It makes sense, doesn't it?
-----
Isn't it wonderful how a neighborhood can pull together for a common cause these days? That's how it was in my small town today. Our neighbors pulled together for a common cause and stood united against a certain bully. I love that hometown spirit!
------
Spring is coming soon and my yard looks pitiful! I look in the Sunday ads and wonder about the Zoyia grass that is advertised. Order so many plugs for your lawn and sink your feet into the grass. Needs next to nothing in water and grows well in the drought and does well in bare spots. I have toyed with the idea of buying some plugs (much like hair plugs for men) for the front lawn. All I have is bare spots in front. I do the mowing in the spring and summer and stir up a lot of dirt when travel through this area. How I would love to have a luscious green lawn in front instead of that nasty dirt! Does anyone know if that type of grass REALLY works?
------
I'm counting down the days patiently for my "medical test." I bought the powder today and look at it wondering how this will taste, or in this case, not taste. How it will feel in my gut and later on when it actually "works." Will I feel horrible? Will I feel okay, but tired of going certain places? I have so many questions. I just wish I knew the answers to them. I bought a couple of cans of broth to prepare for the day before. A liquid diet...ick! Just thinking about what needs to be done is making me nauseous just thinking about it! Please pray for me while I undergo this prep in a week from today. I am not worried about the test, just the prep. It's always been the prep.

No comments: