You can tell it's here! The flowers are blooming (my tulips come up but they don't bloom!), the trees are blooming (outside I see my flowering pear trees looking white), and then you hear the sounds of people sneezing (that would be me).
I started up the lawn mower on Monday and stirred up a lot of dirt, trying to cut the yellow grass and weeds in the back. Which I ended up pulling by hand anyway.
It got so hot yesterday that people were wearing shorts and little insects came out of their homes...into OTHER people's homes. I know this because last night I was observing this insect in my house. My cat was on the lookout watching its every move. S saw the thing flying around. L didn't see it until I said, "LOOK AT THAT THING!!" I was nervous, the flying insect was HUGE. Unfortunely he was the one who had to do battle with it, without the use of a fly swatter (we are not sure where that is currently). He rolled up a magazine and started to swat at it. I tried ducking behind the fireplace. Then finally he got the little bugger.
He had to swat it at least 5 times. That thing wouldn't die. It was a gigantic wasp. Someone left the door open for this thing to fly right on into the house. That's why it is always important to close the door immediately when leaving the house.
Thinking about this incident at my own home...I am starting to wonder if we have any wasp inside the church?? Oh no...!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment