Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's that season again!

It is either allergy season or cold season. I hate this time of year. Sneezing and wheezing because of wet leafs or house dust only to not being able to sleep at night.

Last night I took a Claritan and later on a Motrin. Claritan wasn't doing its job. What I am needing is a decongestant. But since I have high blood pressure the doctor would prefer if I didn't go that route. So I put on my breathe right strip, as instructed on the package and go to sleep.

1 hour later, I am having such a hard time breathing despite propping up with 4 pillows. I get up out of bed and lay on the couch watching old reruns of the Pyramid and Password. I drift off to sleep 2 hours later and watch an infomercial with Billy Dee Williams promoting recording artists from Motown. I like this music and start waking up a little. I tell myself that I need to stop watching this and get some serious rest.

An hour later I hear voices, it's Steve Urkel from yet another rerun. I get up and drink water, trying to keep hydrated. I look at the time and watch Kansas Today show. By this time S is up moving around wondering why I am on the couch. I felt like saying, "Oh I'm just pulling an all-nighter for old time sakes."

I get a few winks in before breakfast. After taking J to school, here I sit...on the computer able to breathe a little better but not well enough to go to the dentist. I would be tipped on my head and would be urged to breathe through my nose. Ha! There's a concept! If I only had a nose that would allow me to breathe then maybe I would have got some needed rest.

I should have stocked my medicine cabinet full of Zrytec and have a cool mist humidfier. That would help me to breathe so much better. I can't wait for allergy/cold season to end. Hopefully, it will end soon like today!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

I'm there now (obviously, it's nearly 3am). Hope you're feeling better today!