It used to be when children would cry during worship service, people would give the parents "the eye," as if to say, "Shhh!! I'm trying to listen to the service or the prayer." Now when children cry out everyone smiles or chuckles. Now in this day and age then new "Shh! I'm trying to listen" applies to the cell phone going off in church.
While I was listening to the prayer today, I heard a cell phone go off in it's blinging style. Granted it wasn't an annoying song, but an attention alert like a fairy had just performed an act. A tinkerbell sound. Eyes came upon me. I dared not look at them. As it was MY cell phone that was going off.
I usually do have my cell phone turned on, but I wasn't expecting a text response to the person whom I texted just before service started. In fact I thought I put it on vibrate. Guess again.
So in order to prevent any more unexpected text messaging, I decided to turn the phone off. I just should have waited! As when I powered the phone off, it sounded a loud musical piece that I was turning it off. I quickly put my hands over it, as to "shut it up."
Talk about embarrassing! Next time I won't text on Sunday morning, especially before worship and I won't power down during a prayer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh that's funny - I'm sorry I missed it!
Post a Comment