Friday, February 20, 2009

Here I am again!

I've been here, but just couldn't think of anything to write. I've been mostly visiting Facebook with old friends ranging from junior high through college and beyond. I have found friends whom I would never have thought would be a "friend" through FB and others whom I considered "were" friends but for some odd reason they do not add me as a friend. Very strange. Now, I can understand it if they are not online all that much and don't have time to add everyone. But, when I make a request that "yes, indeed you know me," by telling them my maiden name, etc., I expect to get picked up. Perhaps, an image comes into their minds and they think, "Oooh HER!? You've GOT to be kidding!!" Then they ignore the request and not add me to their friend list. Then, I have had some people requesting me to be their friend and you know what? I am thinking that exact same thing. But being the forgiving soul that I am, I think "why not add them?" Maybe these people have changed for the better; therefore, the ones I thought were good friends way back when, were not really good friends at all. So it is interesting how people change, or how I perceive that they HAVE changed. Simply because they have added me to their friend list.

Maybe I'm just gullible. But one person, whom I thought was just "icky" has written to me twice! Sure, she could have thought I'm not messing with her anymore, or I could have thought the same thing about her easily because of the type of person she WAS. Now, I find out we have a lot in common....weird.

So if you're on FB and you haven't picked up my request to be your friend, now you really know what I think about you. However, most people who read this blog are either on FB and are my friend. Or not on FB and still are my friend.
-----
I like our new vehicle. But this past week I got my tag renewal for the old van. I looked at what I owed and since that van was nearly 4 years old, I can just IMAGINE how much the taxes will run on this car!! I already have higher payments for the car and the insurance coverage.

The car is small and I can't see taking this car out to Oregon, let alone GOING on a vacation to Oregon! I foresee in my future no cross country vacation for this year. I think we will be staying within the state. Unless I can find some "rich uncle" to finance a trip! Ha! That won't happen anytime soon, all my uncles are not living.
----
I got the instructions on my "BIG test." I gulp, when I read about how much liquid I will have to consume. I have been reading online about this type of prep and some people did well and others didn't. That's the part I'm worried about. Once I get past the prep, I will be ready to take this test and get it over with. Hopefully, I won't end up like my dad. I do want to live past 72.
----
S has been going to Forensics tournaments lately. Her first one turned out pretty good. She has written her own Oration about America's dependency on foreign oil. The rest of the tournaments, eh...one of the judges thought she was making this all up. Believe me, she isn't. Then this past tournament she was passionate about her subject and still didn't get scored high. She really wants to qualify for state. She may not be passionate/competitive when it comes to sports, but when it comes to Debate/Speech she is!
-----
I am waiting on my Federal Tax refund. I use the direct deposit method so it should get here quick. I talked to my FB friends and they have used the program Free Turbo-Tax Online. I should have went that route. Instead of complaining that I haven't got it yet, it would have been here two weeks ago at least! Next year, I will file online...this waiting is the pits!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I. too have been surprised by who will not say yes to my request.

I have told my girls for years that they will be in junior high for a very long time. Meaning someone is always going to play that game of we are friends but you can't play with us today.

flute4peace said...

I haven't been able to think of anything to say lately, either!

About the friend thing, I'm always so amused when my folks see someone my age and they (the classmate) get all excited and ask how I'm doing and etc. Most of them didn't even acknowledge that I existed in high school.