Everyone comments that I have a great memory of them or that is of events that happened 30 plus years ago. Yet, my short term memory, is just that short!
Sunday after our church function, I went to the coat rack and said, "This isn't my jacket." The hood was zipped up; my gray gloves were gone; it was a large sized jacket; and it was definitely more cleaner than mine. I wondered just who picked up my jacket!
We called the first suspect, ZB, no he didn't have it. He didn't wear one that day. Check that one off. Our second suspect was Barry, no he didn't own a burgandy jacket. Check the second one off. My next suspect was TP, they checked their closet and said that they didn't have. Check that one. The fourth suspect, NM, checked her closet and didn't get back to me, so I figured she didn't have it. My fifth suspect I left a message on her answering machine. She just had to have it!
While at the Sunday School class party, TP, remarked, "You found your jacket."
"No," I explained, "I am still wearing the one I found and holding it hostage until I get mine own back." Then added this one was pretty nice that I might just keep this one.
In the morning I received an email from the last suspect and she explained that she hadn't gotten it out of the box yet.
There I sat, dumbfounded! What happened? My jacket couldn't have just walked off by itself!
I retraced my steps and thought about the other church function held at TP's house. Could it be that I walked off with another jacket namely, TP's? I made a quick call to L's place of work so he could talk with the boss.
Sure enough late in the morning, the missing jacket was at TP's house! Sheesh! Did I feel like I was losing my mind. When I picked up the jacket in the closet 4 nights ago (yes, it took me that long to discover the mistake!), the foyer was dimly lit and I thought I was getting my own jacket. I picked the jacket toward the right side and mine must of been to the left side.
I sheepishly brought the jacket to his rightful owner and said, "Here's your jacket, T."
I do feel like the Scarecrow, "If I only had a brain!" Or a better short term memory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the good laugh! I would welcome you to the geriatric world but you really aren't there yet. I guess even younger folk have "senior moments". spike
Post a Comment