Did I mention that I do not like "caveman" insurance or anyone insured by that particular insurance company? Now it looks like the other person wants to get out of the ticket by fighting it even though police judgement went against her.
How do you fight city hall? Everyone says that you can't. But yet, this person has chosen to do it. I hope that she has a lot of money because she will lose. She'll have to pay court costs and the ticket and risk having her insurance dropped. I would love to go out there on that particular corner to observe why she thinks that she was in the right, where clearly she wasn't. I want to watch the traffic lights and the traffic work in that area. Apparently the police officers who work that corner know exactly what goes on and the rules of the road, so they fined the right person.
-------
Meanwhile at the doctor's office they weighed me. UGH! I must eat a lot in the winter to keep warm. The nurse took my blood pressure it was high. Yours would be too if you weren't sure what the doctor would say or about your weight. After talking to my trusted doctor of 26 years and telling him everything, with him putting me at ease. He got up to take my blood pressure. It went back down with him. So much about the white coat syndrome. This time my bp was nurse syndrome. I'll be taking my needed tests soon and hopefully everything will check out fine. Blood work looks good, so I would think that I am a semi-healthy person over 50.
-----
The Spelling Bee at Attica was on Tuesday. J did well in the practice round but went out on the first word. I don't know why. It was a seemingly easy word. Either he didn't hear it, got nervous, or didn't think it through. I was sitting there fumming thinking, S wouldn't get out on that word. She knew her stuff. J is a good speller but I think he is the type who does well just writing down the word instead of saying it out loud. S always looked forward to the Bee and wanted to get first. She did pretty well in her 6th and 8th grade year, placing 3rd and 2nd in the county. Now J doesn't want to do it next year. I can't say I blame him either.
-----
My appliances are limping along. The fridge has been making sounds like buzzing noise (a fan must be going out or is out) and thankfully I hear it running. I'm not sure if I should call our trusting refrigerator repairman soon or start shopping for a really great deal for a new one. A really great deal would have to be a no payment plan for a while, or wait until my stimulus check comes (if it comes) or put a little down with the refund (after everyone else wants a piece of it, insurance, doctor, Kansas Revenue, those types of people!). My washer needs a timer, or something. It stops mid cycle and if I remember I have to give it a whack on the top (this usually works if I am angry, "Take that you "caveman." ).
The fridge is nearly 13 years old and the washer is way over 11 years old. We just keep our appliances until they die. Dishwasher is 13 1/2 years old, that is showing signs of aging too. Thankfully the stove is fairly new, as are the TV's.
-----
I've been enjoying Facebook. I have been adding pictures of people on my wall. Pictures that are at least 33 years or less ago. People start thinking about their college days and how much we all enjoyed being at our Christian College, Sterling College. I really enjoy my Sterling College friends on FB.
Sterling was a good fit for me. A lot of people may consider the state schools and I'm sure that they are fine institutions and very easy to make tuition. But I tried Emporia State out for a semester and I didn't know anyone. Whereas SC, I knew no one while I first was there but I got to know them because it was such a small school. The teachers knew you as a name and not a number. You knew the teachers/profs and they were for the most part, all good people. I got to know some people in the administration of the College too (this is because I was at that time and currently am friends with their daughters). It was a big family atmosphere, whereas Emporia was hardly that. So I am proud about my former college, I just wish it was a little cheaper to finance an education at a good Christian schools be it Sterling or Hesston.
----
It all boils down to money. Isn't it sad?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment