Monday, February 9, 2009

Rambling about the past week.

KU was leading the Missouri Tigers by 14 points in the game tonight. Then when KU got the ball they kept turning it over. KU had 27 turnovers in this game. Marcus Morris, apparently (according to the ref) bumped into him and got a technical called on him. The Antler fans (Mizzou's pep group) had a "yellow out," tonight. Then the game was tied in the final seconds of the game. Missouri got a basket in, pulled ahead, leaving KU to come up with a basket with 1.3 seconds on the clock and won the game. I really do not like it when the fans rush upon the floor after a victory. Missouri must not have crowd control during the game. At the Fieldhouse, you can see the ushers warning the crowd to stay back and I've never seen students rush the floor after a victory. KU's next game is at Manhattan...oh boy, are these people any better than Missouri? KU was ranked number 16 and Missouri 19 (in the ESPN poll). Guess KU's ranking will go down a little (and hopefully they will still be in the top 25).
------
We are still trying to see what will be going on with insurance and financing on our replacement vehicle. A lot of decisions yet to be made. I'd like to make these decisions at least by tomorrow, but I don't see anything happening until Wednesday. I pretty much know what we are getting, something that is more fuel efficient than our dead 05 was.
------
Facebook...I've been connecting people up from my high school and college, to just general church friends around here. I remarked how people have requested me to be their friends and the odd part here is how some were not that good of friends in HS. I take them, just to show that I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Then I second guess my decision and wonder if I should just drop them because of how they acted in the past to me. I figure, that I talk to them like once (if that), and won't have to mess with them again. My college friends, I love them to pieces! All of them have been the best and I wish I would have known them a little better back then. But believe it or not I was shy and didn't "get around" and meet people like my friend Law did. It was easy for her and she attracted people too. It was her personality.

It's been great to reconnect with them. Some of them studied to become pastors and teachers. The small Christian College experience for me was something that I needed. SC was a good fit for me.
--------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had a great time connecting to those from my high school past. Yes some of them weren't my friends then and still are not close but I do have fun chatting on line and seeing their kids' photos etc.