It seems as if all of my appliances have come to the end of their lifetime. But it also seems like it is somehow a "conspiracy" that they are all dying at the same time.
The only TV's I had both went out within a week of each other. Great for the digital TV conversion, but not so much for the pocketbook. I have been listening to my fridge making a weird noise, like a fan is out, but somehow it keeps on ticking. I'm just counting the days when I lose that appliance completely. I ALMOST bought a new fridge a couple of years ago, but didn't as the payments were going to be pretty high and I wasn't completely sold that I liked the new fridge in the first place. It was a side-by-side and people warned me it isn't as large as a regular fridge. Then the appliance store didn't deliver in my area we are too far out of their delivery area. So I got to thinking about the cost and everything and cancelled last minute. I am sure the guy who sold the fridge to us was angry because he didn't get his commission. We avoided going into the S store for the next year!
The dishwasher is still working but I know it's old. The washer is working but I have to hit it just right to make work by smacking it on the lid. What a life!
All these appliances are wearing out, and I figure if I replaced them within the next two years, I won't have to worry about them going out for another thirteen years, at least!
By then, I'll be ready for retirement! Then what?? I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sure we're in the same boat here in the next few years. Our fridge, dishwasher and microwave all came from our house in MO, so are around 15 years old. Washer & Dryer are 10 years old. It's frustrating how that all happens at once!
Yeah...if one would go out one year and so on it would be easier to handle, financially. But when your big ticket items like the fridge goes out, that is a nightmare! Fridges are suppose to last forever, aren't they! ;)
Post a Comment