Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 Ramblings

We celebrated our "lame" new year by playing Scrabble that night and watching the Twilight Zone. Whilst we were playing we got this loud knock on the door. It was a police officer.

Now I knew that S was out with friends, so I wasn't worried it would be about her activity. The thought never crossed my mind. So the police officer told us to get our dog to "be quiet," as he had a couple of complaints regarding the noise.

Excuse me? My dog is the "ring leader," of the dogs in the neighborhood? All of the dogs were barking. Sirens were going off and well after all it was New Years Eve, what do you expect? It was also around 9 pm. Nine. If this was going on like at midnight or one in the morning that would be one thing. But, Nine? So L took care of Mario by placing him in his pen.

I suspect it was my smoke stack neighbors complaining. Their dogs were barking too. Whatever. I know that my dog does have a problem in barking and we have considered to have someone take him off of our hands.

Dogs can't help to bark when sirens go off. Now, Daisy didn't have that problem. She was probably old and a little deaf. It's hard to break in a dog...especially in my neighborhood.
------
Yesterday we went to the big town of Wellington to check out the sales at the Wal-mart there. We also went to their Dillons. I recalled when the kids were little and we would ALWAYS shop there. This Dillons is dinky compared to the ones in Wichita. This Dillons is almost like shopping at our local store.
------
Today we are planning a trip with our Sunday School class for celebration of a 25th wedding anniversary. It sounds like fun traveling together since we are all around the same age. Our kids aren't as old as theirs but no matter. I'm just hoping whatever the dinner is like that I can find something to eat. I may have to stuff my purse with snacks from home. I know I am so picky! I hate veggies mostly and spicy foods.

I'll blog about the party, maybe.
-----
Happy New Year 2009!!

No comments: