Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wii found it!!

J finally found his Christmas present in Wichita today, the wii. He had been looking forever. The place that he got it from was in New Market Square. He said that there was only one left on the shelf now at this particular game place. I had heard of a radio station who had a contest just last week to win a wii. That would have been nice to actually win one for free, but what were the chances of us winning one. Slim and none, was my thinking. We won our Playstation2 through Oscar Mayer's lunchables. It was cool!! We didn't have to pay for it at all, except buy more games. We have tons of those games. Once in a great while if I'm bored I'll break out and play a Pac-Man, Ms. Pac Man game. But I haven't had the time lately to do even that.

J is enjoying playing the various sports like boxing and tennis. I will have to try out the tennis and the bowling it sounds like fun.
----
Over at the Biddy Basketball game today in M.L. we only brought 6 players. One kid didn't show and another had Saturday School. It was a pretty even match up and J got a basket. Boy! I just erupt when he finally gets his chance and he makes the shot go down. Anyway, it was a close one and we lost by only 2 points. It was well-played by both teams, and no yelling parents. Just cheers for the boys to do well. The 6th grade girls team came into watch them play while we were finishing up.
-----
I have had the worst charley horse ever in my left leg since yesterday. After I finished up at work, shoveling snow (not all that much), moving furniture and poinsettias, wet mopping, vacuuming places and going up and down the stairs, collecting trash; after doing all of that I walked to my car and felt excuriating pain in my left calf traveling up to my hip. You know how it is when you know a cramp is settling in, you just want to grab it and straighten it out. I got the car warmed up and thankful it was not my right leg, or I would have never made it home. After I got home I flexed my foot out and back toward my knee and it was difficult to walk. I don't have any idea what causes these cramps as I get extra calcium. Maybe I am needing more water, more potassium, and a lot less cold weather. After a day and night of hurting it still isn't much better. I am not pain free in that leg. Leg and feet cramps are no fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you by any chance take a diuretic or a statin drug? Those can have a side effect of muscle cramps. Your doc can do a blood test to see if your lab profile is okay.

flute4peace said...

Ooh, I used to get those when I danced in high school - really painful!

I'm glad the game went well. I'm looking forward to getting some pictures of him next week!