Friday, January 2, 2009

Wow...Sweetwater Sprouts!

All of the members of our Sunday School class made it to T and F's 25th Wedding Anniversary Dinner.

We came in on the church van/bus and saw a giant giraffe with a Christmas wreath hung around it's neck. It was beautiful seeing this giant animal figure out there! Then, we walked around to the side where there were tables set up and people milling around. Appetizers were yummy with bread. We sat down and was explained the menu that was going to be served. I sat there thinking, "oh no. I'm not going to eat any of this!!"

Throughout the meal we were serenaded by the Sunflower Trio. http://www.sunflowertrio.com/ Wow!! Awesome music by the violinist, singer, and the keyboard player (all related to F). The first course came around. It was some sort of ravioli with pear. I gulped. What was this going to be like? I watched one of our class members eat it. He didn't make a face. So, it couldn't have been too bad, I figured. Scrapbook Granny, gave me a little to try. It was okay. I mean, I didn't spit it out or make a face. So, that was good! Good, for me anyway!

Then the next course was the salad. I was thinking, "count me out I don't do veggies." So thankfully they served it with the best bread ever and I filled up with bread. Then came the prelude to the main course. Broccoli (ick), and cooked carrots (now, if they were uncooked, I probably would have had that, but they were cooked). Again count me out.

Then I smelled the rosemary chicken. Hmmmm!!! That was the best main course ever!! The chicken was cooked just right and the meat tasted so delicious! Definitely a ten, if not an eleven on the meat.

During the meal the servers came in with two dogs walking around the guests. They were cute dogs. One was a little dog and the other a big black dog (a retriever type). I just love animals. So I was making friends with these dogs. Then after the dinner I found their cat and patted the cat. I'm a big animal lover. I miss sitting for Josie.

After the meal was served then D and J (T and F's kids) had put on the clothes that their parents wore when they were married. Then they showed pictures of their mom and dad and later of themselves as young children and now. It was interesting to see how much they had changed in the last 25 years.

The musicians then played/sang several songs for us such as Josh Groban's "You raise me up," and then we all sang "Finiculi, Finicula."

Our final part of the meal consisted of flan. Now, I wasn't so sure about flan, because I know that I have an egg allergy and was fearful that I might have a problem with it. I did try it. Even though the man next to me kidded me saying it was made out of vegetables!! Because he knew how much I would pass on those veggies!! ;)

What a way to celebrate 25 years of marriage! I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the music was so wonderful!! I wonder of L could do this for me in 5 years? Guess I'll treasure this experience for a while. It was...wow! :)

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

You always make me laugh when you post about food - I think you're a pickier eater than I am, LOL. It sounds like a really neat evening.

I'm finally getting around to reading blogs again - going to try to do better about keeping up with them.

MB said...

All my friends would tend to agree that I'm pretty picky. ;)