This is a line from the movie "Splash." This whole week has been baaaaaaaddddd!! First it started last week with me going to ER because of severe stomach pains. I was layed up for about the whole week not knowing what to eat, etc. I'm still not over this bout of whatever it is I have, but thankfully I've got an appointment with my doctor and maybe I'll start to feel better someday and keep some food down. It's just a matter of what kind of food works and what kind does my digestive system hates.
Today, we went to Hutchinson to work on my mom's mailbox which had been down for a month. Someone rounded her corner and bent it all up. She couldn't get mail at her house and has to get it collected at the post office. So since Hutch does not have an option of curbside vs. porchside, she has to have a post out there in order to get mail service. Since there was no basketball tournament we went to Hutch to fix the mailbox. We got the post at Home Depot and I also had an appointment with my hairdresser. I hadn't cut or done anything with my hair for over 4 months.
I thought that L could work on the box while I went to the mall to get my hair done. At first he offered that I should drive the van to the mall. Looking back on this, I probably should have. But instead I insisted he should drive me. So he drives me to the mall and assures me that he will pick me up in an hour or so.
I finish with my hair appointment and no one is at the mall to pick me up. I am thinking this is odd. So I called my mom on the cell and asked, "Are they still there?" She assured me that they had left 5 minutes ago to pick me up. I waited and waited and waited! I was getting angry waiting and texted S wishing that "someone" (L) had a cell phone to let me know what's going on." A few minutes later my cell rings, it's my mom.
"L has been in accident."
"WHAT?? What happened?"
She explained that he was on 11th and the highway when someone plowed into him. She said that no one was hurt. Just the van was. She explained that he was going to walk over to her house (not far from that area) and pick her car up. Then we had to decide on where to get a rental car since the normal rental car agency was closed.
I paced back and forth in the mall letting S know and my hairdresser too on what had happened and ask for people to pray for us.
The tow truck had our van and J took a picture of the damage. Then we picked up the rental car (Ford Focus) at another place in Hutch. It's a cool little car, but I still want my van back.
So hopefully this string of unfortunate events will stop beginning tonight.
I'm not even sure how long it will take to repair the van, ugh!! I hate problems like this. But the bottom line no one was injured and we are very thankful for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen, thankfully no one was hurt! Hope it doesn't take tooooo long to fix the van. Meanwhile, try to keep your life in focus. (pun intended)
A few years back (5 years ago) a deer ran into the van we had at that time. It took forever to fix it. Hopefully, history won't repeat itself.
I'm glad no one was hurt. Yes this will be another stress in your life with deductibles and insurance hassles. I hit a deer 4 years ago and it was a real stress with insurance companies. They would not give us rental since I drove home from the accident. Never mind the truck would not turn to the left and I had no lefts to get home.
Ugh, how scary! But, I'm so glad that L and J weren't injured. I know how frustrating it is with only 1 vehicle - we were just in that situation a couple of weeks ago. Not fun!
Post a Comment