Monday, January 19, 2009

Rambling thoughts

It's pretty nice outdoors today. The sun is shinning and according to one of my outside temperature probe it's 73 degrees. Of course the sun is shinning on that particular probe. Now the other one we have (we bought one for the inlaws thinking that theirs was broke) and it gives a more true, temperature of 68. You factor in the wind and you'll want to have more than just a t-shirt and short sleeved shirt on. But really, for Kansas in January, this is pretty good. Just wait until Friday they are predicting snow.
-----
Ever see those bathroom commercials on TV where it shows what a public restroom looks like? They are not too far from the truth. Some places that I've been to don't restock on their toliet paper and you are left to look in your purse and be creative or not. Other places have paper on the floor and still other places the toliet is unflushed. I think that most public restrooms should have automatic toliets, automatic soap dispensers, and automatic hand dryers (or automatic paper dispensers). This way everything remains relatively sanitary.

When I see these messes in the public restrooms, I feel sorry for my fellow janitors and thankful that I don't have to have their job!
-----
I have so many books to read and so little time. I should have that imprinted on my forehead everytime I'm in a bookstore. I sometimes find what I want to read, then read two or three chapters and give up. There's too many other distractions pulling me away, TV reruns, computer, and just spending some time looking at other commitments. There's not enough time in a day is another accurate phrase that describes my life. Maybe things will lighten up when its the summer time and I can spend my time reading...ha!
------
Currently I am having trouble with my washing machine. I start the motor and then it quits working during a cycle. It's either a timer on the washer or my washer lid. Sometimes I forget to check on the laundry and there it is soaking and not working. So if I remember it I have to hit the lid in a certain way and the washer will continue to work. It's a great way to take out my frustrations, but I am pretty frustrated the way this thing isn't working. It's probably about that time that I should get a new machine...but who wants to spend out the money to purchase one?

I guess I'll keep my old appliances until they all die. Thinking upon this reasoning, I wonder if it would be MORE expensive to do this. Take for instance my televisions. The one upstairs stopped working and we bought a new one. Then a week later the other one stopped. UGH! Two TV purchases within a few weeks of each other. Appliances last long but, around here not so much. Fridge is like 12 years old. Dishwasher, even older at 13 years, Washer and Dryer probably at least 10 years old. When is a good time to replace these items?? When I have the money??

Ha! Where's that huge bailout plan going to start?
-----
I am hearing from my Wii boy that he is wanting a new game. The cost for a new game run $50! Does anyone want to hire out my 12 year old for a job??

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

Well I have to say, that our church bathrooms are the cleanest public bathrooms that you'll find anywhere :).

MB said...

TY! For the compliment. (cheeks blushing)