Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yes, I am still here.

What an awful Saturday I had this past week! I am just now feeling well enough to give a shout out to my dog to be quiet. Apparently there is a dog visiting the neighborhood without his master making the dog go crazy.

After spending 3 hours in the ER and trying to figure out what kind of digestive problems set me off in pain that I've never experienced before in my life, I am back among the living.

I finally got myself in gear to call my doctor's office and tell them what happened. I know that they will set me up with a specialist. I'm not looking forward to it by no means, but if they can get me to feel better in all my years dealing with this problem, then it will be worth it.

I discovered this weekend NOT to drink any caffeine, because that's what triggered the episode. One of the ER nurses said that maybe I shouldn't eat out anymore. I tend to agree with that statement. But I can't do this forever. So it's like I am surrendering my fears of going through a test if it would just make me feel better!
-----
What is it about kids and doors? I swear, J must think we live in a barn where we don't have to close the door. For example, after an hour he left for school, the backdoor was wide open. It's cold out there today, with temps in the lower teens. Yet, there it was open! Kids must think that the doors are like those in the grocery stores, they close automatically. They do not!! I wish that I had that kind of technology on both doors, but we do not.
-----
Tomorrow is Kansas Day! The state is turning the ripe old age of 148. When I was 5 I was at the capitol building with my uncle and my family. There was a huge cake and a lot of legs (i was short so I couldn't see very well). That was the Centennial Celebration in Topeka. Something that I'll always remember.
-----
Oh, and one more thing...KU is playing Nebraska tonight in Lincoln. Go Hawks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your health issues. I've been fighting bronchitis for a few weeks, but things are much better. It would sure be nice to roll back the clock 30 years when our bodies weren't always reminding us that passing certain milestones has its penalties.

MB said...

I hear you on that one! ;)

flute4peace said...

I have digestive issues, too. I feel your frustration (and fear).

And I had to laugh about the door thing. I regularly tell K1 that "I was there when you were born, and we weren't in any barn". LOL.