Three weeks left of summer vacation! Only three weeks! I wonder will these three weeks drag or go by really fast. Last week, S and J had tennis camp and it went quick! Of course last week our a/c went out and the mornings were really s-l-o-w and HOT.
This week is the beginning of more camps: Football, Cross Country, and HS tennis, with a touch of Debate added in there somewhere.
S and J will be celebrating their b-days on Sunday (yes, they have the same birthday. And NO, it wasn't planned).
Then Monday will be the start of enrollment for the middle school/elementary school and on Thursday for the high school. I have to find the list that everyone needs to get BEFORE school starts. 7 pocket folders, one being plastic, one for music, 3 boxes of Kleenex (and of course Kleenex is always on sale this time of year), as well as notebooks and everything else for school. I love the bargains of 10 notebooks for 50 cents! Better load up on them now because the price of ONE will go up to like $1.50. Pens, erasable pens, pencils, colored pencils, crayons (if needed), erasers, rulers with centimeters marked, a special kind of notebook like 1 2" notebook for a certain class. With all this loot you might as well bring it to school BEFORE class starts IF you have a locker.
The locker situation won't be new to J. He has had one on and off since second grade. Most girls decorate their locker. But boys basically just throws the stuff in the lockers, hoping to find whatever they need before class. It doesn't matter how bad it looks when they hand in papers that the teachers want like 2 weeks later. I wonder if boys panic like girls do when they can't find stuff in their lockers?
S tries to find different shelves to put in her locker, a mirror and maybe some other decorative item. J, I can see it now, he'll just throw in stuff and have to push on it just to close it. If papers are sticking out, then it's a boy's locker!
This year new to J will be band. We have discussed which instruments he should try. He doesn't want to hear any of this. Whichever instrument he picks he will have to play it through eighth grade. He will not be allowed to quit (this is our rules).
Sometimes kids need to have that little push just to succeed and to enjoy an activity. I found this true with J and tennis. He drug his feet on it and actually enjoyed the sport. At least he went to ONE sports camp this summer.
So now that summer is winding down, I see that the gas prices are falling some too. Why couldn't this happen earlier? We could have gone to the great NW. We will have to try next summer who knows how high or low the gas prices will be then.
I can't believe that summer is nearly over with and that school will be starting in 18 days. WOW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, crazy it is!! Our next 3 weeks are crammed full. K just finished up with baseball this afternoon. Sheesh.
Thank you so much for keeping up your blog and the church blog. I looked at the kitchen pictures today. I can't wait to see the progress. Keep it up!
I can't believe that school is starting in like two weeks. Here, some of the schools have only been out for a couple of weeks.
I know life seems busy now but soon it will be over and then you'll not know what to do with yourself!
I have no idea why our name line shows up as ed & amp; phyllis!!!
Post a Comment