Monday, July 7, 2008

Presenting Houdini the Escaping Dog!

He did it again! Houdini (aka Mario the dog) escaped out of the yard yet again tonight. After I got back from touring the town with S as she was practicing her driving skills, L was standing in the driveway.

"Guess who was walking around the block?" asked L.

Well I couldn't guess. Was it grandma and grandpa? An old friend? Was it flute?

"Mario was walking around because our neighbor brought him over on a leash."

Wonderful! Not. Our dogs (the neighbor's too) seems to have this escape thing going pretty good. A few weeks ago, I found their dog visiting at our place. This time our back gate was swinging in the wind once again. We just can't believe that the dog can press on the wooden gate THAT MUCH and escape. He must be getting some "outside" assistance.

So L tightened up the gate and the fence which is in need of some serious repair! We will have someone check on Houdini while we are gone. He will be in his pen.

I think Houdini needs to find another home, perhaps a farm because 3 out of 4 us are sick of his antics. I wish we could find an older dog, like our Collie, Daisy! (Sigh!)

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

What a naughty dog! You should take him along with you and see if anyone up in L-town wants him.