I have noticed the past year that some products are changing their packaging. They have added "No Added Growth Hormones made with milk from cows, now treated with the growth hormone rbST. No significant difference has been shown between milk from rbST-treated and untreated cows."
So today I have been ready some information concerning this subject. rbST is recombinant bovine somatotropin another name for it is recombinant bovine growth hormone. It is a genetically engineered drug produced by the Monsanto Coporation. It is injected into dairy cows to induce them to increase milk production.
Now why would we be concerned with that? Because there has been "hundereds of studies" to an increase in breast, prostate, colon, lung and other cancer in humans.
Typically, daries have policies against rBST and they want their customers to know. So this is why to the reason of changing of packaging. It doesn't effect the taste to the product at all. It just increase awareness to the consumer about the cow hormones.
Today I just noticed the label on my "Kraft American Cheese," that I picked up from my local store.
Also when we go shopping for hamburger meat I usually pick "Laura's Lean Beef." It also has that label about their beef products. I went on to their site and they do not allow hormones to be administered to their cattle.
It's interesting to see how diets are changing. Packaging products a certain way helps consumers make the choice that they need to make.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment