When the kids were younger we used to take them to Chuck E. Cheese in Wichita or Portland. A favorite game that we used to play while there was "Spider Stomp." We would put our tokens in and the little red buttons on the floor would light up. Often I would help the kids play this so that they could get 100% of the lights (or Spiders) stomped on so more tickets would come out of the machine. This way they could get a price at the end of the time we were there. Oh, I miss those days!
Fast forward to this afternoon while I was cleaning the church today. We were there today because we won't be there in the middle of the week. We will be taking a short vacation and Chuck E. Cheese is not on our scheduled anymore. But there was a lot of spiders hanging out at church.
I took the advice that flute gave me this morning and began stomping on the spiders. This time I was wearing my tennis shoes and felt more confident wearing those than the sandals. Spiders for some reasons, must be attract to the men's bathroom. Anyway, this is where I saw the majority of the little brown things. If I couldn't stomp on them then I would spray them down with scrubbing bubbles and try to flush them down. Nope. That didn't do it. They would crawl right out of the drain. I mustered up some courage and squashed them with a paper towel. No screaming. Just killed them!
One little spider was hiding behind the water cooler in the foyer. I was trying to kill that with some kind of tool, but it wouldn't budge upon seeing the tool. I remembered an old "Little Rascal" short where Spanky was "bug hunting," and he took a hammer to the bugs to kill them. Then he took the "hammer" and accidentally hit Petey the dog on the head with the hammer, instead of the bug.
To get this spider out I sprayed some air freshner on him and flattened him with my shoe. I had to wipe my shoe off, but it was an effective way of killing spiders. Thanks Nikki!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You might talk to the trustees about spraying. They used to spray a lot when we had the preschool - we'd just tell them that we had spiders in the basement. Glad the stomp worked - LOL about Chuckee Cheese - you never know, the kids might still like it. ;)
Post a Comment