an orthodontist or something!
We went to see the nearby orthodontist a few miles to the east and he gave us an estimate on how much treatment would cost. Gads! I'm either going to have to go back to our original orthodontist or do a money making thing like sell the house, a book, have a HUGE garage sale, or something.
S had been going to the orthodontist in Wichita and he recommended second phase. Well, needless to say we couldn't afford it. Here we are about 3 years later and realizing that she does need treatment, but we still can't afford the down payment for the one down here. I will have to check in with our original one to see if his price is any cheaper. I do like the one down in this area better than our original one. He's a very nice man and elderberry recommended him. But it all comes down to a matter of the down payment. How to obtain it and how much one will charge over the other. Decisions, decisions!!
---------
Today we went to Wichita for a relaxing day. We all got away from Harper and that was nice! I finally got my refills from Wal-mart (the last time I'll deal with that pharmacy). It was really nice going there with very little crowd to deal with!
We then went to the west mall so S could shop and J had to stay with us as we both got eye exams. It had been 4-5 years since we went to an eye doctor. L was having trouble reading, which is not good for his job. And me, well, I have my usual eye problems, red, gritty, dry eyes.
I figured it was due to bad hygiene and I always get dirt and dust when I am mowing (which I did yesterday). L's eyes had changed and then it was my turn.
I could see pretty well in one eye, but the other eye was off. I just love it when they adjust it and I can see sooooo well and clear!! Ah!! You really can tell there is a difference when you get new lenses. Then he wanted to know if I saw any dark spots, when looking straight ahead without glasses. Nope, none....I am just pretty blind and everything is a blur without glasses. My bifocals apparently had changed too but again that is great when you can see small print and you couldn't before.
Then the health of the eye...oh boy what was he going to see?? It seems I have dry eyes because of something is wrong with my weird eyelashes. They grow in weird and when I blink it scratches my cornea. Wonderful. So I have eye lid scrubs and need to get some eye drops. He did pluck the weird eyelashes out and put in eye drops. Wow!! My eyes feel sooooo good! So next thing we both need to do is get two pair of glasses. I can't wait because I am supposed to get smaller frames and it will be much more lighter!
I am so glad that S and J do not need glasses like we do. I got my glasses when I was 9 or 10 and L didn't need them until he was 12. I think in my case, it had a whole lot to do with where I used to sit to watch TV. I would always sit really close to the TV set growing up. S and J usually sit pretty far back. They won't have to worry (cross my fingers, pray) about getting glasses until they are at least 40.
----------
4th of July....mmmm....I am thinking we will barbecue in the afternoon and do some gardening work on our house and the inlaws house. A whole lot of pruning will be taken place.
------
Cookbook sales are doing REALLY great!! Some friends at our church are getting the word out at their place of business about the cookbook. People love to collect the books and read the recipes. After all the last time our church put out a cookbook it was 20 years ago! Cookbooks are a hot item, especially of the local flavor! TY to KA for the promotion of the book! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment