Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Finally! New Central Air!

After a few days of sweating some pounds off and not being able to sleep in a hot house, we finally got a new central air unit. It still is on the hot side in the kitchen but it is starting to feel much cooler otherwise.

I felt bad for Paul the AC guy. Here he was putting in our new unit on probably the most hottest day of the year!! I think he found a little shade but not much. I think he took some needed breaks away from the heat. It's good to have a nice person whom you can rely on during times like these. Now he will be getting his "payday" from us within the next few months.
-----
Out at the tennis courts, I noticed that there is a sign on the fence stating "For Tennis Only." Perhaps another sign could be placed in English and in Spanish so there would be no "communication problem" with soccer and tennis players. Hopefully this conflict will not happen again.

5 comments:

flute4peace said...

Wow, I'm glad you got in fixed that quick! I would think most places would be pretty backed up. You must be hugely relieved (well, until you get the bill, LOL).

flute4peace said...

Sorry for the type-o (grrr).

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

I remember that our cental air went out two different times while living in Harper. Luckily at least the one time there was a cool front coming through (in August no less) and it was bearable. The other time we were headed out on vacation and it was fixed by the time we got back. I don't know if we were just good or lucky.

MB said...

Yeah...the bill is going to be bad. We don't go through the WIFStore. We have a family friend who does repair on that type of thing. He's good!

Two years ago it went out and we should have got it replaced back then. I wonder if there is any way to keep your central A/C from croaking after 5 years. I heard that "most" central air is supposed to be good and not croak for about 10-15 years.

flute4peace said...

The WIF store - Bahahahaha!!! That place annoys me, too. Once I told him, "Well, do you want my $4 or not" when he was trying to tell me that the item I wanted to buy wouldn't work. (this was years ago, and I'm still using it, LOL)