Saturday, July 19, 2008

Results

L and I went to Hutch to pick up our new spectacals. We both need them after five years of wearing the same glasses. This is my second time around with progressive lenses and L I think this is his third time around. I tried them out in the store and could read the fine print pretty well. So I was good to go after a few adjustments. L, on the other hand, kept looking up and down and just couldn't get adjusted. I went shopping and loved how my eyes were getting adjusted except for a few details like how everything was seemingly slanted to one side. But I guess it will get better with time. L was looking at the small print on a bottle and had trouble seeing it. I asked him how he liked his new glasses.

"I hate them," he replied.

Of course I thought he was joking and laughed. He wasn't joking. He has NEVER gotten used to wearing progressive lenses. I told him that maybe he need to have the lines to distinguish reading from seeing distance. Maybe there are some people who never can get used to the progressives. He's going to give it another week to see how it will work out. Keep your fingers crossed. He is not one happy camper. I guess he should just have single vision lenses and then get those half reading glasses because the no-line bifocals aren't working for him.
------
The salad story: As last you read on the blog I was assigned to make carrot salad. Well, I did and it turned out nicely. I even made a small batch for the family and it was yummy. So tonight I thought I would pick up my cobalt casserole dish as I was sure that the jello was gone.

It wasn't even touched! They placed a bag of lettuce on top of my foiled jello. The jello was for the funeral dinner today and not for tomorrows good luck and goodbye lunch. I was baffled why it wasn't even used or was used as a stacking item. Hmmm?? I get assigned to do this and then it is not even used?? Little wonder why people are asked to do things like make stuff and never volunteer to do anything else again.

So I place plastic wrap over the jello tonight so everyone could SEE that this was really great stuff. Lemon jello, pineapple with carrots....hmmm...yes, this now will be served at the good luck/goodbye lunch. Enjoy it! Just because I made it, it isn't THAT bad!! Sunshine salad is pretty good in my humble opinion.

1 comment:

Scrapbook Granny said...

I never got used to the no line Bi so had to got for the lines. Doc said some people just can not wear the no line.
D