Today while checking my box at church, the church lady who called me to corrected her recipe(s) put in ANOTHER correction.
Well...I thought I KNOW I did this right. So I got home and checked the hard copy that she sent me and compared it to what I typed. I DID make a mistake (just one). On her copy she had put "1 can french sliced green beans." I typed (duh!) "1 can fresh sliced green beans." On her hard copy she had put "round snack crackers," and to bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees." That's all she wrote. No mention of anything else.
Okay here is the "official" corrections on this recipe: 1 can french style green beans, 1 roll of Ritz Crackers (no other snack crackers). Then she explains more how to get the crackers crushed, etc. Bake at 40 minutes at 325 degrees." Use Ritz Crackers only! Then she adds: Serves 10. There was no mention about servings on the first copy!
It would be helpful if before the author who sent in this recipe would have gone through it thoroughly because the "typist" might have put it the way she wanted it BEFORE it went to press! The recipe was typed as is, with the except of the fresh sliced as opposed to french sliced (as she had in her first hard copy) and french style (in the second copy).
I don't mean to do these recipes incorrect and especially to hers. But it happens. As the song by John Mayer says, "Say what you mean to say."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, she talked to me after church and went on and on, so I told her I'd make sure you got them, then turned around and stuck them into your mailbox, LOL.
I think we need to limit "corrections" to typographical errors only. If we give them the opportunity to change their recipes it'll get way out of hand.
Exactly! Because she did a lot of changing in that Shoe Peg Corn recipe!!
Post a Comment