We had our carry-in lunch/dinner today!! WOW!! There was such a variety of food there. That was probably one of the largest ones that I've attended in a while. Various bread, main dishes, and of course a bunch of desserts!! It was easy to find something to eat. I had some of my carrot salad and I got to take a great deal of it home. It was pretty yummy too.
I always love the desserts. Especially the pies. Someone (who is it?) always makes chocolate pie!! It is such a treat to my palate!! I just savor each piece. AHHH!!! Then my thoughts go to what I'll be doing tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment and a weigh in. Why do great church dinners seem to be followed by doctor appointments? Yep, I can just hear what my weight will be (with shoes and with clothes)...I don't think the doctor will be too happy. Then my blood pressure check is always higher at the office than anywhere. If the doctor complains I'll just say that we had the best church dinner ever and who can resist food like that? I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow.
--------
Just when things are going great, or somewhat okay financial wise, we get hit with the unexpected. Tonight our air conditioner is not running. Oh, oh...Paul our AC guys say it's the compressor. Great! Not. The last time it went out was three years ago (after our vacation to the NW). So I'm not sure how to do this. I think I need to start publishing a book to pay for our "luxuries," such as the AC. If it's not one thing (the AC), then it's another (saving once again this time for second phase braces), no third car in the future either (sorry S).
With worries like these no wonder my blood pressure rises.
------
The glasses are nice and I can see REALLY well. I was looking in my classroom today and I could see the pages of my neighbor's Bible quite well. WOW. Then when choir was singing I could see a few tears in CM's eye. I exclaimed to S, "I'VE GOT X-ray vision!"
S shakes her head and says, "No, that's NORMAL vision to see far away." Okay, so maybe it's not x-ray vision (like they used to advertise those glasses in those dubble-bubble wraps). Huh, normal vision...I've been missing a lot of nice details in my vision.
-----
Flute (for a very good reason she is named this) played her instrument today for church. WOW!! She is good! I kept nudging S and whispered, "See, you should have kept up your flute playing." S is now taking up guitar. She got an early b-day present of a guitar up in Larrytown. I know that she is enjoying a new challenge.
-----
Tennis camp begins this week. S is urging J to take it with her. He has told her no repeatedly. I want him to take it as it would be good for him to "get in shape." Stay tuned to this development later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment