Thursday, August 16, 2007

First Day

S is off to the HS this morning. We had gotten a call as to when she should be ready for the bus. The driver was almost there at the time that he told her. Then about 5-10 minutes later my phone rings. It is S's friend M's mom.

"Did the bus pick up S?" she asks.
"Yeah, about 10 minutes ago, why?"
"Well M was outside waiting on the bus but it didn't look like anyone was in there. So it drove right past her!"

(Pause)

"Didn't they call you about when they would pick her up?"
"No."
"When we went to enrollment they told us that they would call us. " I proceed to tell her to call the driver.
"Do they pick up the rural kids at the school?"
"I...I don't know what they do."

(Pause)
"Well, we will just wait a few minutes, then I'm driving out there."

If that would have happened to me...I would be FRANTIC! I guess, I would have just called the school myself if I didn't hear from them before the first day of school. Hopefully the administration will get the bugs worked out about the bus by tomorrow.

No doubt when S and J get home, I will not get a report about the first day of school. I have asked them, "How was school?"

They answer, "Do you HAVE to know EVERY detail?"

I said, "Well, not every detail, but tell me who is in your class, how do you like your teacher, do you have homework already."

Then they grumble and mumble.

Well, at least I know they are alive. :)

3 comments:

S♥ said...

Lol, well I told you more than that, right? :P

MB said...

You did, I was surprised. But that will probably be the last time that you'll want to share, huh? :)

flute4peace said...

You are TOO funny! I KWYM, though. K1's first comment after his first day of kindergarten was, "Well, I didn't get spanked" (thanks to grandpa for that one - he put the fear into him, LOL). Second comment was, "We got to run laps". ROFL.