Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"Where did you get your License?

I would love to ask that question when encountering people who shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place.

I dated a guy back in W town, before I was married and when he encountered "idiot" drivers he would say, "Where did you get you licence? TG and Y?" I often use that phrase when driving and someone pulls out in front of me. My kids go, "Huh? What's a TG and Y?" and of course I have to explain it is comparable to "Alco," "Dollar General Store," maybe even pushing it by using "Wal-Mart," as an updated version. But nonetheless, I just remember that phrase.

Today I was coming down our highway. I signalled to make a left and the "idiot" driver going north or turning onto the highway where I was, nearly hit me as I was going to turn. So I nearly made the turn into our "kangaroo" store. Screaming at him..."what is your problem?!" I just should have had S get the license number and turned it into Bill or David.

I am not a very confident driver in the first place, but I thought in town I wasn't so bad. I wasn't in the wrong, it was the "idiot" driver in the black care who paid $1.00 at the Dollar General Store to get his license in the first place.

No comments: