This weekend I saw a picture of a guy whom I went to school with. We had an English class together and sat close in proximity (we had to sit in alphabetical order, that's why we sat close, no other reason!). He was easy to talk to and I even asked him to do an interview for my radio class. I had a HUGE crush on him. Even though he had a girlfriend, he didn't treat me bad (like some guys did). So I had/have great respect for him. We graduated two years later. He went to a larger school down south and I went to my Christian College, twenty miles away. Fast forward thirty-two years later to the wedding of his nephew. Here I was looking for a dark- headed twenty year old and asked his sister wasn't "R" there? Well, of course he was...I saw the picture of him and he was still tall and nearly all gray. There was no way I could have recognize him, for I was still looking for the young guy. It's funny how everyone else changes, except yourself (LOL!) Everyone changes, but you just don't realize it.
-------
I found a great pictures taken by "flute" for the church website. It was a picture of a woman's hand with a needle, thread, batting, and fabric as she was sewing a quilt. I e-mailed her asking if it was okay to use it. She said that I could. So I put it on the website. It really does look great! Fast-forward to Sunday morning, we had a guy from the Mission Network talk about our church. There he had pictures from the website. L's church picture, scrapbook granny's MYF pics, and flute's quilting hand pic. It was nice to see them all up on the screen. Now maybe more of our church members will "key up" the church website to see what I've included.
-------
S gets her school pics taken today. She was debating whether to wear her retainers or not. I opted for her to "not" wear them. She didn't when she took her eighth grade pic last year.
-------
Just rambling down the dirt road soon to take care of "J" and Penny. That is a breath taking place!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL I was so surprised when E piped up at the end of the presentation and said something about the picture of the quilt. I must have missed it!! But it was cool how he incorporated our website into the show. Nice touch!
Post a Comment