Tonight at the schools that S and J go to is their annual open house/get to know your kid's teacher's night.
Unfortunately, both the elementary school and the high school are holding meetings at the same time. So I had to make a choice. We are choosing to go to the high school since this is S first year. J is getting a teacher, whom we have know over the years. Mrs. Z taught a combination 3-4 class and a 4th grade class (when S was there). J has had Mrs. Z in 2nd grade and now 5th grade. So we know all about her and what she expects. Hopefully, she will be understanding of why we couldn't attend. I explained in an email about the situation. I just feel bad for teachers who have first time students at the high school as they are unable to attend. Sure their spouses can attend, but I would feel left out if I couldn't come.
Over at the HS we will be attending class just as our student(s) do during the day. I want to meet these teachers. The only one I know is the PE teacher, as he goes to our church. I want see her math teacher, as I have heard so much about her in a lot of negative ways. The other teachers sound pretty positive. L will remember when he was a student there at the HS, so he will not get lost, even though the principal and the counselor will be there helping out.
It will be an interesting night...one to blog about tonight! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck tonight at C! I'll be going to H while J takes the kids to football and cheerleader practice. I can't believe they scheduled C and H the same night. Doh!
Post a Comment