I went out to the church where I am the custodian. I knew that our church was hosting a group that day and so after their meeting I came back to see if I needed to clean up.
Well, they had dumped the kitchen trash, which was okay. However, when I went into my closet I checked my trash bags. One was completely out of the plastic that I keep it covered in so I can read the size it is. I noticed that whoever cleaned up didn't bother to "read" the plastic bags that surrounded the trash bags. Clearly it says 4 gallon, 13 gallon, and 30 plus gallons. You cannot put a 4 gallon bag in a 13 gallon trash container and apparently someone tried. They did place a 13 gallon trash bag in a 30 gallon container. I feel like I should have a chart in the closet with pictures for people to follow. Small container--4 gallon. Medium container--13 gallon. Large container--30 plus gallon. Maybe to make it "easier" so one couldn't/wouldn't have to read, I should get it colored coordinated. Blue equals small bag, white, medium bags and black large.
Maybe I'm being weird about this. Maybe I have some obsessive control issues. But, I thought most people read the bags, instead grabbed. Guess I was wrong. This society is getting lax in their reading skills, in my opinion.
Post note: When I have an apparent large group coming into the church again, I will have to double up on toilet paper. I felt like I had enough "paper" but apparently I didn't, or someone took a souvenir roll home with them! Then while I dumped the trash, the door closed behind me and it was locked! It is never locked. Maybe I should put a note on the door not to lock.
Ah, why bother? They probably wouldn't read it anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bahahaha! I'm sorry, but this totally cracked me up - mostly because I know who the group was at the meeting yesterday (an education group!!). And I was picturing in my mind someone trying to fit a teeny tiny trash bag onto a large can. Um, hello, it doesn't fit...
Seriously, though, that would definitely be frustrating - especially the locking door part. That's something that would happen to me, for sure!
I was thinking about going to quilting today. How about you?
It is frustrating when people don't read a note and there is a change. Grr!
Post a Comment