Friday, August 31, 2007

The Countdown begins

In less than three weeks I am having surgery. It's a quality of life matter. Nothing really urgent, or I'll die if I don't have it type of thing. I'll feel very uncomfortable forever, if I didn't have it. I think I'll feel that way, after surgery as well, but not as long. I'll be able to run around, play basketball, ride my bicycle (well, when I'm fully healed up!) and take long walks again.

I have been making a list what I need to do before surgery and what the family needs to be doing while I'm on the mends. I am concerned that the house will look like a wreck during my recovery, but I cannot do anything for at least 3 weeks. They will have added responsibilities besides their homework, school, and work. I'll need someone to cook, clean, and work my part-time job. I'll be looking like a lazy bum watching television, DVD's, and DVR'd stuff, and reading, and journaling, and maybe scrapbooking. It will be hard, because I'm the type of person who always needs to get up and do something!

Hopefully those weeks will go fast. That's probably what my family is hoping too!

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

I know what you mean. I'm trying not to think about it. But the benefits will waaaay outweigh the recovery - at least that's what they tell me...

MB said...

Keep your eyes on the prize! That's a good motto to have too. :)
Thanks.