I have to take a blood pressure med every morning. So of course, the medicine is in a "child proof" pill bottle. That is the hardest lid to get off! I put pressure on it and turn the bottle. By the time I get into it I start to wonder if I need to take two pills because of all the work that I've exerted on it!
-----
Mario (yes, named for the basketball player) our new dog is still learning the "ropes" around here. He is somewhat a pain. He is so excited to see us and can't seem to settle down. I just can't read when he needs to go out. By the time I realize that he needed to go out he's done his little leg job and has ruined things. I guess it could be worse, it could have been number 2!
----
Sasha (yes, named for another basketball player) is doing well. I really like the cat. We read his signals pretty well. When to touch him; when and where not to touch him; and what he likes. He really likes our space heater. That's when he becomes your "best friend." We turn on that heater and he's just sitting on our lap purring. Ahh, cat heaven!
-----
Brandon Rush and Darrell Arthur have announced they are going to test the water in the NBA. I figured that Brandon was just resting up after that ACL tear in his knee this past summer. I never once thought he would return for his senior year. Darrell Arthur, hasn't hired an agent so he could come back for his junior year. I hope he decides to come back. Who I am worried about is Mario Chalmers. I figured that he would stay at least one more year, as his dad is head of basketball operations at KU. I hope that he gets his degree and finishes his schooling before jumping to the NBA. So if he's reading this (ha, ha) "Don't go Mario!!"
-----
Tonight we went to CHS for the National Honor Society awards. It was pretty interesting. Cody Z., from church, did an informative speech on "Superman." When they were doing the candle ceremony he lit his candle and then it went out. I whispered to L, "What's with him and candles?" During the Christmas Candlelight service he stood next to us and everyones candles were lit except his! Then he dropped the candle holder. It's a good thing that Cody is good natured and laughed too. S got a certificate of Scholastic Achievement. I thought that was pretty cool.
----
S is ready for school to end! S is especially counting down the days when she is done with Algebra. She'll be looking forward to take Driver's Education this summer. I'm not. She is counting down the "years" when she will get a car. Again, I am not. The cost of insuring a teenager can't be cheap. Then driving out to school on the highway, does not thrill me at all. I think that's why I dread S from "growing up." These new responsibilities that she'll have to deal with. I can remember when I got my license. I was by no means responsible. I had two quick accidents right off and wasn't allowed to drive until I was a freshman in college. Again the cost of insurance is why I didn't drive. My parents couldn't afford it. Of course, I just thought they were being mean. But now I see it from their point of view. Costly insurance and they wanted me to keep safe. Thanks mom and dad!
-----
Speaking of driving and prices, the cost of gas is ridiculous. At the "Kangaroo Store," it is $3.39 a gallon and a lot more at the domino place. Will the price of gas ever get to a respectable $2.39 ever again? We were planning to go on our long vacation trip to the NW this year, but because of the price of gas I'm not even sure we can do it. S says, "Oh you say that every year." Because every year it goes up and up and up! I have yet to meet our new great niece who is going to turn 2 this year. S wants to see her older cousins and their kids, plus see her uncle and aunt. I'd like to see them too as it has been 2 years since we've seen them. It's a question of how much and will see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment