Sherron Collins lifts the National Championship Trophy high!!
Bill Self triumphantly cuts down the nets!! Congrats to Bill!!
Amid the streamers Bill and the coaching staff victorious over Memphis!
The team meeting in center court shouting over a great win in Overtime over Memphis!!!WOW!! What an awesome game! When they were down by 9 points we were so upset in the house. No one was watching it. J was crying through it. We were just so down. Then Coach Self got the team to re-focus. At that time KU had only shot 1 3 pointer in the whole game. 1 completion 9 attempts. Then when Memphis missed their free-throws and KU continued to rebound. It turned for the best.
2 second left in the game and Mario Chalmers with that 3 pointers. SWISH!! It was overtime. We all took a deep breath. There was still a chance that KU could pull it off! Memphis looked tired in the second overtime, while KU looked like a fresh new team. Memphis fouled Sherron Collins as he converted some needed free-throws. Then after Memphis turned it over KU capitalized on a few shots and went for a 10-0 run in overtime. Chalmers went to the line and perfected his shot. The final seconds of the game went ticking quickly down and we all stood up. It was over!! We were shouting and tears were rolling down my eyes. AWESOME, BABY!! (think Dick Vitale here!).
This was 20 years in the making. Not since 1988 did we have a championship thanks to Larry Brown and Danny Manning. I saw Roy Williams in the stands wearing his Jayhawk sticker and he was pulling for them. Thank you Roy!! :) He is a classy guy. I also saw on TV, Cindy Self and their kids. It was really great to see her!!
It was great seeing the guys talk on camera. I loved it when Rodrick Stewart came to the front of the line to talk to the announcers on camera. It was heartbreaking to see him on crutches at his last game. But in the same breath, it was so exciting to watch each player take his turn cutting a piece of the net. I especially loved the "One Shinning Moment," segment.
I don't think I can sleep tonight. I am way to excited!!
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!!!
------
Player of the game was Mario Chalmers and his clutch 3 point play at 2 seconds left in regulation play. Top scorer for the 'Hawks was Darrell Arthur with 20 points, Chalmers had 18, Brandon Rush with 12, Sherron Collins with 11, Darnell Jackson 8 points, Sasha Kaun, 4 and Russell Robinson 2. Even though Cole Aldrich didn't score he did contribute a lot of blocked shots as did Sasha Kaun.
More tomorrow....let's just bask in this victory tonight!!! Ahhh!!! At KU they have cancelled classes because of the victory!!
2 second left in the game and Mario Chalmers with that 3 pointers. SWISH!! It was overtime. We all took a deep breath. There was still a chance that KU could pull it off! Memphis looked tired in the second overtime, while KU looked like a fresh new team. Memphis fouled Sherron Collins as he converted some needed free-throws. Then after Memphis turned it over KU capitalized on a few shots and went for a 10-0 run in overtime. Chalmers went to the line and perfected his shot. The final seconds of the game went ticking quickly down and we all stood up. It was over!! We were shouting and tears were rolling down my eyes. AWESOME, BABY!! (think Dick Vitale here!).
This was 20 years in the making. Not since 1988 did we have a championship thanks to Larry Brown and Danny Manning. I saw Roy Williams in the stands wearing his Jayhawk sticker and he was pulling for them. Thank you Roy!! :) He is a classy guy. I also saw on TV, Cindy Self and their kids. It was really great to see her!!
It was great seeing the guys talk on camera. I loved it when Rodrick Stewart came to the front of the line to talk to the announcers on camera. It was heartbreaking to see him on crutches at his last game. But in the same breath, it was so exciting to watch each player take his turn cutting a piece of the net. I especially loved the "One Shinning Moment," segment.
I don't think I can sleep tonight. I am way to excited!!
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!!!
------
Player of the game was Mario Chalmers and his clutch 3 point play at 2 seconds left in regulation play. Top scorer for the 'Hawks was Darrell Arthur with 20 points, Chalmers had 18, Brandon Rush with 12, Sherron Collins with 11, Darnell Jackson 8 points, Sasha Kaun, 4 and Russell Robinson 2. Even though Cole Aldrich didn't score he did contribute a lot of blocked shots as did Sasha Kaun.
More tomorrow....let's just bask in this victory tonight!!! Ahhh!!! At KU they have cancelled classes because of the victory!!
2 comments:
With less than 2 min to play I was thinking that I should have stayed in bed. I slept from 11:30 to 2:30am and woke up to watch, only missing the first few minutes. Things were going great. Then Ed came to watch and they started doing poorly. I told him he better not be a jinx. He couldn't stay awake anyway so he went back to bed. He's not at the fan level that I am. I kept thinking that everytime Memphis went up to make a free throw that the odds were on their side as they were 70+% shooters from the stripe. And then they would miss. I was soooo nervous! I felt that we had it once we got the overtime. Thanks for your commentary.
I fell asleep too, Phyllis! And I'm glad I did - sounds like it was way too stressful. J woke me up when they went into overtime and even that was enough angst for me. Glad they won, though!
Post a Comment