Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mario, the destructive

We've had this new dog, Mario, for about a month and two weeks. I don't think it's working out too well.

He has done his "doggy" thing by regergitating on my carpet; chewed on flip flops (they are in a shoe rack in the living room); he has done number one and two various spots; comes in jumping up on us and trying to lick us after he has licked you know what! S has to yell "stoppette" to him. In the late night I can hear cat and dog races upstairs while I try to sleep. Then last night he chewed up the inside of my shoe (granted an old one) and another pair of flip flops, and working on a heel.

He is trying my patience. I think we will either have to have him outside permanently or find another home for him. We have given him cheweze, huge chew bones, and little chew bones, but yet he has a thing for our shoes! This is running into some money for us. J thinks we should train him. I think we should trade him or not even have a dog anymore.

I have had great dogs over the years. Perhaps, if Mario stayed outside that would be a good idea. I had a dog, Liberty, who would constantly chewed up frisbees and once she got out of her puppy-hood she turned out to be a great dog. But I just don't know about this dog. J hasn't given up hope on Mario.

No comments: