Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rambling around

Things change. I changed the hotel that we were planning to stay in for Friday. Then only to find out that the football game was rescheduled for Monday. Sigh! Guess we will still be there to see the "hardware" and just to putter around the campus and the city.
----
Bill Self signed another contract for "many years to come." YEA!!!! Glad to see that he is staying. His family likes Larry town and the University likes Bill. It will be great to have Bill as our coach for more than 3 years, I take it. More great things are yet to come in the future. It's so nice not to worry that our coach isn't leaving. Larry Brown left after winning a national championship. Roy Williams left after 15 years of NOT winning a national championship. This makes great sense that Bill is staying. Now we all can relax at last!! He wasn't worry about the decision and it wasn't a distraction during the tournament! He knew where he wanted to be.
-----
J went to the Halstead Health Museum yesterday. Parents could have gone with them but I chose to stay home. I hadn't seen the museum since I was in 6th grade myself, about 35 some years ago. The visible woman was there (I remember taking pictures of some of my class with my little black and white Kodak Instamatic camera back then). The teachers said that the kids could bring money along. J brought money. He spent $1.00 on a "whoopie cushion." I was mortified! What did a "whoopie cushion" have to do with health? Last night our dog was "bugging" us and we tried getting the attention of the dog but nothing was working. J blew up the "w.c" and sat on it. That got the dog's attention really fast! He stopped dead in his tracks. So I guess the "w.c." was good for our health afterall!! LOL!!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

I completely agree with you on it being a team sport!! I'd a lot rather see my kid playing on a team where there are a lot of good players, than have him be a standout. And of course I also agree about Self's kids - leave them alone.

I can't believe there's football in the spring - good grief the basketball trophy is still warm... ;)

It's going to be a huge weekend for us, too. Wish me luck keeping it all together...