I made birthday chocolate chip cookies yesterday. I changed up the recipe by using a recipe from the show "Good Eats," on the Food network. It was sort of like it. I didn't have baking powder so I tried following it closely. They turned out really great!! J liked them better than the other recipe.
------
You can only do so much for your kids. I see the activities that my kids are in, or not in. I wish that I could help them both in accomplishing the best. But sometimes your abilities or lack their of, are not your kids. You have to let them be themselves and not a "mini you." Sure, some of their abilities are way beyond what mine were (in the areas of math) but other abilities they aren't as strong. It's a discovery/learning process. They have to find out what they are really great in and capitalize on those abilities. And just maybe they can make their own way. But as a parent I must step back and let them learn. Sure I can persuade them/coach them to try to doing the right thing and set a good example for them. Hopefully they can pick up on this. I think in a lot of ways they have picked up on how we are.
-----
Quiz for the church---How many fire extinguishers does the church own and where are they located? I found 3 today and know where they are located. I contacted the S.C. Johnson Company yesterday about Plug-ins. They informed me that the plug-ins are perfectly safe and any bad press about how they are fire hazards is purely a hoax. Did you know that having appliances plugged in when not in use is a fire hazard? Think about it.
-----
The big game is on Saturday night at 7:45 PM...KU vs. UNC (or as the fans call it Bill Self vs. Roy Williams). We call it KU vs. UNCle Roy. There is a kid in J's class who said that Roy was his uncle...yeah, right Seth. I rather liked what Coach Self said about people (like me) who are bitter that Roy left. He said that people liked the way that he coached at KU so that says something for him. I mulled that statement in my mind. I REALLY like the way the Bill Self coaches the Jayhawks. I am GLAD that Roy left. Bill Self is one of KU's greatest coaches. I am sure glad to have him at KU. I hope that Bill's team can and will beat UNCle Roy's team. Again, it's a focus thing. I think that the players need to bring their A game on Saturday; quit playing nervous, as they appeared to look against Davidson; watch the turnovers, fouls, and free throw shooting. Guard great (which they did do against Davidson), drill some 3 pointers and watch that Tyler Hansbrough (remember KU the kid is from Mizzouri). It will be some game. I really hope the best for the Hawks. Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment