Basketball season maybe over with, but the hype of the season goes on. I was watching ESPN news and their sport pundits were saying that KU didn't have "one" outstanding playing. For example, Michael Beasley was a stand out star for KSU. Instead KU had many different players that were "stand outs" throughout the season. Excuse me...but isn't basketball a "team" sport? One man teams usually do not win the games. It is a team effort. Each one of the 'Hawks were talented. The whole team were good in free throws. No one individual would have most of the points. They shared the ball and played unselfish ball. That's how it should be because it is a team sport!
-----
I think it would be tough to be a child of a basketball coach. I was reading over on the KU boards this morning and people were discussing about Bill's kids. Excuse me. But let's keep them out of bounds. They were talking about who his daughter was dating. That's getting too personal. I know that's strictly a no-no to talk about especially for me. People shouldn't discuss who she is dating, etc. Kind of stalking type of thing in my opinion. They were talking about his son as well. Just hands off. I didn't like that at all.
------
Over in the church, it's a good thing we have that ark downstairs....! The rain constantly gets in the basement. We have the start of a little mini lake. I wish that would be fixed in the real near future. Things get wet and soaked, then we get mold and mildew. Real healthy stuff down there. The rain comes down off of the new addition roof and then it goes straight down. We need a crew of people from our congregation who could fix this.
-----
I listen to music on my MP3 player while I work. I have some new stuff like "Cyclone." (S would inform me this is an old song) and I have "Apologize." But I have some really old stuff such as Dean Martin (yes, I have a song by him "That's Amore.), some of my favorites by Simply Red, Tim McGraw, the Righteous Brothers. I like it all. I love to listen to U2's "Where the Streets have no name," as they play this in Allen Fieldhouse when they talk about the basketball team. I can imagine watching the video next year...WOW!!
------
Another song I have is the "You keep me hanging on," by Diana Ross and The Supremes. This reminds me S. I can't tell you anymore. It's one of those off limits subjects.
----
Looking forward to mowing season when it stops raining. We have a new lawn tractor that I'll be trying out. The old one is up for sale.
-----
While everyone will be in Hutchinson for the MCC Sale this weekend, we will be elsewhere. We wanted to go see a parade on Sunday but opted to go to a spring football game instead. I imagine we will be looking at a couple of new basketball trophies that the school got just Monday night over there at the Booth Athletic Hall of Fame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment