During a practice this afternoon, Rodrick Stewart who filled in for Sherron Collins earlier this season, was practicing. He went up for a slam dunk but slipped and layed in agony under the basket. (I saw the video of this courtesy of the KC Star). He yelled to Coach and pointed to his knee. Apparently there was a wet spot on the floor and Stewart hit it. The prognosis was not good! He broke his knee-cap!! Can you imagine!? On the eve of the big game, this amazingly athletic/ fifth year senior will be unable to play. All he will be able to do is watch the game. This will not be easy for an athlete, who has trained to be at this level, only to have it taken away by an accident.I feel so sorry for Rodrick Stewart. He hasn't had an easy season. He has had to undergo personal tragedy. And now this has happend to him. I know he must have been looking forward in being on the court and playing in a Final 4 game. When the team gets back from San Antonio he will be having surgery.
This is terribly sad news for Rod. I just hope the team can win one for him (and themselves tomorrow). Get well Rod. I enjoyed watching you play for KU and will miss you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment