I did my holiday cookie baking all this afternoon. For the cookie walk I made Snickerdoodles and Coconut Snowdrop cookies. I tried making a different type coconut cookie not using eggs but using sweetend condensed milk. I didn't have parchment paper so I used aluminum foil. I looked at the batter and then those cookies in the oven. Nah, I didn't like the looks of either one of these and flushed in down the disposal.
Then I stired up the coconut snowdrop cookies. They looked waaaay better. Meanwhile the coconut cookies on the foil would not come off of the foil. So that went into the waste basket too.
My last batch was the Rolled Sugar cookies for the family. I made stars, trees, girl and boy figures. S frosted some of the cookies with pink, green, and gray frosting.
She wanted a different color and basically added all the food coloring in the white frosting. I had never seen gray before, but whatever.
It all taste the same. Good! :)
-----
When I went out to church to hand in my cookies I checked what everyone else had made. I think that we all needed to talk to each other what we were planning to make.
The majority of cookies were mostly all: COCONUT!! Granted it was a variety of coconut cookies, but wow! So I guess coconut is popular this year in the cookie walk. I'll be anxious to see what else will be out there tonight/tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment