I went out to check on the variety of cookies for the walk. Quite a big variety is out there and yes, Virginia, there is more than just coconut cookies out there. There are decorated Christmas Cookies, Italian (?) cookies, Luscious Lemon cookies, Chocolate chip cookies, Ginger snaps, fruit filled cookies, oatmeal, Christmas wreaths, and snickerdoodles, just to mention a few.
The only one that I didn't see were peppernuts! Maybe they are there but I just didn't see any.
I've never been to a cookie walk, but by what I have heard is that people buy a box and fill that box with the cookies of their choice and pays a nominal fee for those cookies. I'm hoping (as are the piecemakers at my church) that they do quite well. These cookies are truly better than those packaged cookies. Homemade cookies...hmm! Makes great Christmas gifts.
You know what else makes a great Christmas gift? The new Pleasant Valley Mennonite Cookbook for only $15.00 and over 400 recipes!! Shameless promotion, yes, but worth it!
-----
We are having trouble with our cat climbing up our artificial tree. We look up at the tree and it's swaying back and forth. We are constantly yelling at the cat to get out of there. L thinks the cat needs something better to climb out. I'm just worried that tomorrow morning the tree will be down...timber!! If not tomorrow morning sometime tomorrow when we can't be checking on kitty. We have it in a corner, surrounded by the couches, yet kitty kitty can climb up the treet.
Anyone have a solution to stop his weirdo behavior?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
A few years ago when our kitten did that I took a water bottle with a spritzer on it and gave him a spritz in the face. I think it stopped him while we were in the house. Never know what they do when you are asleep or gone!!
I can't believe that you haven't been to or added to the cookie walk! I really miss it. I loved taking a day or two to play christmas music and make christmas cookies for it. Then buying a box and filling it up with everybody elses cookies. It was great!
I bring cookies to it. But that's sbout it. Never have gone around and bought the cookies. Of course, I've never been to Pancake Day either.
Post a Comment