Saturday, December 6, 2008

"May I help You?"

Today while I was in Wally World West I was in the book aisle looking for a particular book.

This lady with a KU key chain around her neck asks, "May I help you look for a book?" I thought, "Well sure, I so far can't find the book." So I said, "Yeah, do you have the Bill Self book?" I get this blank stare from the sales lady. Then she says, "What's the name of the author?"

I patiently tell her again, "Bill Self."

Again, a blank response. Then she said, "What's the title?"

Now I am thinking why are you even wearing that KU key chain around your neck, don't you know anything about KU Sports?

I said again calmly, "It's about Bill Self."

Once again, a blank stare.

Then I add, "It's about basketball."

The light popped on in her brain, "Oh, well we ran out of all those sports books the first of the week."

Duh. Maybe I should have asked her, "May I help you?!"

I can't believe that this person, who was wearing a KU keychain around their next, has not heard of Bill Self and the National Championship.

Maybe the clerk's favorite sport is rowing.

2 comments:

S♥ said...

oh wow, i can't stand it when people are like that. people who say they are fans of something but they have nooo clue what they're talking about. bandwagon fans.
especially those girls in line who were looking through the media guide and rating the ku bball players by how cute they were...
it was quite annoying.
lol.

flute4peace said...

LOL.