We have been looking for the most hardest electronic item to find after Christmas, a Wii! J got all of his money saved and between a gift cards and money from the grandparents he has it all saved. Now the problem is that there is none to be found in the stores.
We started our journey the day after Christmas checking the Target at New Market Square, Hutch's Target and Wal-Mart, Sears, and Radio Shack. Today, we stopped at Best Buy (on the west side of Wichita), Target on Maple, Toys R Us out near Towne East, back to Wal-Mart at New Market Square, and Game Stop at New Market square. We looked high and low and I saw the box for the Wii at Game Stop.
Noticed I said the box. And that's all it was, an empty box. Nothing like false advertising to get a boy's hopes go up in flames. If they don't have the Wii, then they should take down the box off of the display! :(
J grumbled and was mad at other shoppers who wanted the same thing. The Wii is as popular as the 80's Cabbage Patch Doll. I remember getting my hands on one of those dolls, but I had inside help, a college friend worked at a toy store in Wichita. So she held one back for me. Thanks Jill!
I've seen the Wii online, and we may have to go that route. Either that or put up with a grumbly twelve year old boy. And that's not fun.
-----
There are lots of bargains to be had this time of year. Wrapping paper, Christmas trees, ornaments, cookies, candy, Christmas cards. Shop for next year the day after Christmas you will find your bargain one way or another.
Now Wal-Mart has started their Valentine displays of candy and cards for the next two months! Oh joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment