I was scheduled to teach my Adult Sunday School class, traded Sunday's to read the Scripture, was involved in "cookbook" skit before worship, our family did the advent candles (we had trouble getting the thing to work to light the candles!), S read part of the scripture and I read the other half. Oh yeah, and I was baking muffins at midnight for the MYF breakfast.
I think people were getting sick of me coming up to the front. But, I kind of got used to it by the time I had to read the Scripture.
On teaching my Adult Sunday School class, I had prepared a lot of notes and had some print outs. L helped a little but I could tell he was out of his element. I was a lot out of practice teaching. And wouldn't you know it, our class was huge today, complete with a new person! When I was a student teacher teaching History, I felt for sure that I had enough lesson to cover an hour. Then when I was a teacher of younger kids, I thought that I had enough material. Thankfully, when it came to the kids, I had a craft that I could do with the lesson. It wasn't that way today.
Could you image, "All right Darlene, Brad, Cheryl, etc., let's all make a memory chain about what Mary is praising God about." Maybe if I had brought a craft to do we would still be in the classroom when worship was about to begin.
No. I didn't do that. My so-called preparation only took 20 mintues!! I could have just started at a quarter till the hour and then the lesson would have taken all of that hour.
This is the most that L and I had ever talked in this class and the first time ever that I taught Adult Class Sunday school.
Next time, if I taught class again, I would hope that we would have a smaller class. I felt a little intimidated. But thanks goes out to the class, who talked and discussed the topic. It was appreciated by me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You could have started the class after B and I walked in. It was 15 till. Sorry we were late. Then you would have been just right. You did a fine job. At least you said yes to teaching. That is not my talent.
I have a lighter like L tried to light and you have to 'know' how to light it. It took awhile for me to 'learn' the correct way to turn it on. Where were the long matches??
I hate those lighters - I always use matches and it drives J crazy.
Our class does so much "discussing" that we're still on the same book we started two years ago. We have really good discussions, though.
Post a Comment