Thursday, December 4, 2008

Catching Up

This week is really going by fast unlike last week when we had to put up with the flu bug. It seems everyone is keeping well and suffering from dry hands. Sasha, is another story. Our indoor cat contracted fleas. We have been treating him and vacuum the house. Yesterday I was searching for him all over the house and there he was sleeping in his litter box! Very strange cat behavior! I am keeping my eye on him today and will call our vet to figure this out. We may have to do something drastic if the pests don't go away anytime soon.
----
Next week J has a Christmas program vocal and music. He came home with a note on what he needed to wear. Khakis, slacks, a nice shirt and dress shoes, and a TIE!! Oh my!! The last time that J was that dressed up was at a wedding about six years ago when he was 6 years old. Then I can remember one Easter we bought him a little suit complete with tie and he was only 3 or less. So this weekend we will have to go on a shopping trip. We knew that when he plays basketball for school next year then he will have to be somewhat dressed up on game days. We will be hitting New Market Square on Saturday morning to look for these items. I will have to take a picture of him (if he'll let me) once he has these nice clothes on.
----
J informed me that if he makes his reading goal then he can go to a Christmas dance. I asked him if he was going to go and take date. He scoffed at that remark, knowing I was kidding him. He is not interested in any of the girls around here. I know that that day will come soon, but that seems so far away. He's got plenty of time, he's only 12 and he does NOT need to be dating any time soon.
-----
How do you roll up the cord on your vacuum cleaner? Do you go up and down with it or do you do a criss-cross wrap? I wrap it up and down and when I see the criss-cross method it makes me crazy!! Not only that but the cord becomes crinkly when you criss-cross it. Word to the wise whoever uses the church vacuum please do not criss-cross the cord!
-----
Here's another question for you: How many of you leave your Christmas tree lights on in the house when you are not in the house or for that matter when NO ONE is in the house? I know I don't. I'm afraid of a possible fire hazard. So when NO ONE is in the "house," I unplug it. House, in this instance, applies to "the church."
----
KU won yesterday. Tyshawn Taylor, the guy who wears Mario Chalmers number 15, scored a whopping 23 points! WOW! He's just a freshman. When S becomes a freshman in college, he'll be a senior. Now that's exciting!
----
I am suffering from "The Rifleman" withdrawal. This show had been on Encore Westerns until the end of the month of November. I would watch this show for an hour every night and now it's no longer on. I enjoyed watching Chuck Connors and Johnny Crawford running into strangers who interacted with the McCain family. My kids even know the theme song (they hum this sarcastically, they didn't like the show). "The Rifleman," first started in 1958 and ended in 1963. When it first came out I didn't watch it either, but now being older I really liked it. Rarely there was a show when McCain didn't use his rifle. I just liked it for the interaction between the widow father and his son. They had some really good stories. Thankfully, I ordered some DVD's through Netflix and plan to watch it again. Ahhh!!
-----
Are you through Christmas shopping yet? Or have you started? We only have 3 weeks from today to get it done, wow!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

I found some zipper ties at Sears the other day, and Burlington Coat Factory is another good place to look for pants, shirts and ties. My J used to love to dress up, and K does, too (if he's got a reason other than me telling him to - ha!).