Some people get their shopping done early and every year I vow that I will be one of these people. But every year, I am not. So today begins my Christmas rush. Packages are under the tree, but only from relatives from far away. Today, while I type in the dark and hearing the winds howl is my Christmas rush.
Still needing to get S and J a few more presents, I go through the list in my head. Something from Target, Wal-mart, or Old Navy; other things from Claires, Hastings, and a Calendar Store. Two cities in one day is my plan for today. Needing to pick up something other than presents: Food for the week and my mom from Hutch.
I am getting my game plan in hand. Wanting to leave a 8, but knowing it will be past 8 and not to0 late after that hour. Knowing that I will run into other shoppers and things sold out. Bargains at stores, that I won't care about. Highways and streets clogged with traffic. Signs telling me to lock my vehicle as this is the time for robberies from cars. People selling puppies on a corner or in the Wal-mart parking lot, too irresistible to even pass up.
I check the list from J, knowing he won't get his first request. I remember my list when I was a child and what I put first, a horse. A real live horse, only to get a plastic model of one. I take one look at all the people in the stores on the weekend and realize that I should have started earlier on shopping.
Oh well, maybe next year...ha! Who am I kidding?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment